The On-site Veterinarian role is a voluntary position requiring a minimum three (3) month commitment. Food and on-site accommodation will be provided, as well as a monthly stipend. The On-site Veterinarian will be responsible for flights/travel arrangements and must have valid personal health/travel insurance.
To assist the On-Staff Veterinarian with daily clinic duties, which may include:
- Attending to emergency and routine admissions
- General care and maintenance of animals in the sanctuary, clinic and quarantine areas
- Administering medications
- Supervising interns and volunteers
- Maintaining clinic and surgical equipment
- Performing rounds and health checks of sanctuary animals
- Record keeping and data collection
- Orphan care and feeding
- Diet preparations
- Performing educational presentations to volunteers and interns
This position requires an outgoing individual who is well organized, proactive, adaptable, reliable and committed to the organizations aims and objectives. The ideal candidate would be a small animal or wildlife Veterinarian with clinical and surgical experience.