Alturas Wildlife Sanctuary is looking for a social media intern to help run our platforms. We are searching for someone that is willing to commit to a three-month placement to schedule and create social media content. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate, energetic, creative, and innovative and boasts superb organizational skills. We are looking for someone who will be able to portray our mission and stories through photos, videos, and words, and need a professional who is proficient in relevant social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and other emerging channels. Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experience in marketing, social media, and/or PR.
The sanctuary will provide free on-site accommodation, all meals, pick-up/drop-off from town, internet, laundry services, and any equipment needed for the job. The intern must cover costs for their flights, insurance, and transportation from SJO airport to the sanctuary.
The ideal candidate:
- Currently studying for or have recently graduated in a related degree
- Fluent in English (fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required)
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent communication
- Experience with social media platforms with an understanding of their algorithms
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience with photo and video editor programs
- Positive attitude
Additionally, please send a portfolio of previous social media work